Sunday, February 8, 2009

Deja vu... Sea story rerun

As I was walking from the bus stop to my office building a couple of days ago, I said to myself, "Self, this headsok ROCKS!" It was 18 degrees out, -1 degree with the wind chill, but my headsok protected my face and kept me nice and toasty warm.

I had a flashback to my first sea tour in Groton and a port call to Esquimalt, British Columbia during my second sea tour. I started composing a blog post in my mind to share those sea stories with you all, but then I had a feeling of deja vu.

I said to myself, "Self, is it possible you've been blogging long enough that you don't remember what you've blogged about before?"

So I did a search on my blog for Esquimalt, and sure enough, I already wrote about it. So hey, if you're new to my blog, I invite you to click the link and read it.

Gear Recommendation (sorry, JT - "Kit" Recommendation for you folks who've been expats for a while):

Get yourself a headsok. Even if you're in a homeport like San Diego, sooner or later you'll have a port call someplace like Esquimalt, BC, or Ketchikan, Alaska, or Yokosuka, Japan in the winter, and you'll be glad you had it tucked away in your locker for just such an occasion.

3 comments:

The Silver Fox said...

"Esquimalt" sounds like a beer you'd drink in Alaska.

Tsoniki said...

Hahahaha I have one of these! My Dad gave it to me *years* ago and it has never been used. But my DH is going to Japan in the winter - I am totally sending that with him.

Loping Squid said...

Hey, I may have not actually lived in the U.S. for a while, but I still remember some of the lingo...