Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boundaries

Okay, so maybe I need to let my family agree to some boundaries on what I do and don't write about in my blog.

First, a week or so ago, my wife asked ES if he wanted to tell me about what happened at school. He vigorously shook his head and said "NO!" My wife asked him why not. His answer?

"Because I don't want Daddy to write about it on his blog."

Doh.

Ouch.

I told him I wouldn't write about things on my blog if he didn't want me to.

I like to think that I use SOME discretion in what I post in my blog.

Fast forward to last Saturday night we went to a party at our friends W&L's house. It was a social gathering for any military officers in Loudoun County ("LoCoMOs" - Loudoun County Military Officers).

After everyone had arrived and was settled in and enjoying the food and the drinks and the conversation, I pulled my camera out to take a few pictures of the party. My wife saw me pull the camera out, and she shouted,

"WATCH OUT, HE'S GOT A BLOG!!!"

She said it so seriously as if she were in combat and announcing, "Incoming!" or "Grenade!" or "Watch out, he's got a bomb!"

If I didn't know any better, I'd think these were warning signs that my family doesn't like my blog.

2 comments:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

'Watch out, he's got a blog!' - seriously, that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard :)

Anonymous said...

Awww....yours is a great read though and so relate-able to so many people!