Wednesday, June 25, 2008

That's a first

I can't say that I've ever been to a dog's birthday party before. Last night we celebrated our neighbor's dog's birthday. Actually, our neighbor B promised to make me her awesome chicken enchiladas in appreciation for me replacing the battery in her van while her husband is TAD to a school on the mainland. It just so happens that yesterday was Copper's first birthday, and the kids wanted to throw a party for the dog. I'm not sure which the kids enjoyed more - eating the birthday cupcakes, or feeding the birthday cupcakes to the dog.

The guest of honor.

B Serves Up the Enchiladas

LW Made Pomegranate Martinis

Here Daddy, you can have the rest.
(The frosting is the best part, isn't it?)

Tonight, LW went out to dinner with a friend, so the boys and I had pizza and watched Spies Like Us. Man I love that movie! It always makes me laugh so hard I end up with tears streaming down my face. The boys really enjoyed it, too. I had to pause the movie a few times to explain things to ES, and we got into a lengthy discussion about what the Cold War was and why they were launching a nuclear missile. You could actually say it was a somewhat educational experience! ;-)

Lastly, I just want to say "Welcome to the Blogosphere!" to our friend MN Tall Girl. I really liked the tribute she wrote to one of her high school teachers who is retiring.

1 comment:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Hey, dog birthdays are an important thing! We used to celebrate for my brother's dog with an oreo and ice cream cake...for the dog. It was his favorite treat :) (and that was 20+ years ago...I guess we were cutting edge)

And YUM on the pomegranate martinis!