Friday, November 23, 2007

Food Coma

Ugh... too... stuffed... to... move...

Very long and tiring day, but a good day nonetheless. We had 10 adults and 5 kids for dinner, then another 4 adults and 3 kids joined us for dessert. LW did a fabulous job with the 25-pound turkey, the stuffing, the gravy, the cranberry sauce (yes, she makes it - not from a can), and the green beans. The other wardroom wives did a great job with the sweet potatoes (actually, I think it was mostly butter and brown sugar with a little bit of sweet potatoes added for taste, but it was AWESOME!), mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, pecan pie, chocolate cream pie, oreo-somethings (little balls of oreo dipped in chocolate), cookies.

Man I feel like I'm about to explode.

(Can't wait for gumbo on Sunday though! One of my JOs from Louisiana took the turkey carcas with him to make turkey gumbo on Sunday :-9 ).

1 comment:

E.P. said...

No offense inteded to your LW, but I just love the canned stuff. Ate a whole can by myself last night. Heathiest urinary tract in the U.S.