Sunday, October 26, 2008

Print Server Follow Up

For those of you who are keeping track, I FOUND my print server! Hooray!

It turns out, not only did the packers for our HHG shipment take it OUT of the printer box, but they also didn't pack it AT ALL. Apparently I totally failed to notice it laying around the house in between the HHG pack out and the UB packout. What can I say? I was a little busy and had a few things on my mind back then.

The result being that I was NEVER going to find it in ANY of the boxes from the HHG shipment.

I found it purely by accident when I was unpacking a box from the UB shipment. Go figure.

So I no longer have to get up and carry my laptop over to the printer and plug it in to print something out. I can sit right here in my chair and just click "print"...


...and hear the gentle whir of the laser printer in the basement spinning out my document (or in this case, my wife's recipe for dinner).


Simple minds, simple pleasures, right?

No comments: