Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Catching up...

It took me a while to catch up on reading all my favorite blogs (plus one new one). Here are some of the highlights from while I was gone:


For those of you who have been to both California and Virginia, cast your vote on Loping Squid's blog for whether In-n-Out is better than 5 Guys or vice versa. It's a tough call, but I still think In-n-Out is better. I may be WEE bit biased since I grew up in SoCal though.


For those of you who know what "boat smell" is, cast your vote on the Wives On Edge blog about whether you do or don't like the boat smell. During my JO tour, my wife used to make me take off as much of my uniform as human decency would allow outside the door to our apartment before I came inside. I think she's an odd-ball though. I think most submarine wives associate the "boat smell" with their DH being home from sea, and therefore a good smell. I also really liked how C described her, "knight in amine-smelling khakis."

If you're in need of a laugh, OMG... I had tears streaming down my face and almost couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard from reading June Cleaver's posts over last weekend - and especially the one on 10 October about door-to-door salesmen.

I'd like to welcome Joe and Samantha to the blogosphere. Reading their oursublife blog brought back a few memories from my JO tour and being a newlywed in Groton.

Comments like these are why we're really glad to be back on a boat again with a great bunch of wardroom wives. I think my wife had to endure a lot more questions like that when I was a geobachelor in and out of Norfolk and she stayed with the boys in the DC suburbs. As much as I loved living in Northern Virginia, we really missed the camaraderie of a tight-knit wardroom. It's nice being back in a circle of friends who understand what submarine life is like and don't torment you with such questions.

No comments: