Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Barge, Sweet Barge

Our new home alongside home...




In preparation for going into drydock and turning our boat into razor blades, we got to inspect our barge today. It's actually really nice! It's basically a floating four-story office building with SO much SPACE! The floorplan layout is very similar to the barge I was on during SRA in San Diego, but that barge was pretty old, beat up, dirty, and didn't have any frills. THIS barge is really new, clean, wired for LAN, wired for cable TV, air conditioned, with a full-functional galley and a gym. The CO's stateroom is enormous with a desk, a conference room table, and a couch. There's a shared head in between the CO's office and the XO's office, and the XO's office is like four times as big as the XO's stateroom on the boat. There's so much office space, I think just about every officer and chief will get a desk in an office. Check mine out...

My new office...



Yes, those black things behind the desk are a mini-fridge and microwave.

Sweet!

3 comments:

E.P. said...

You know, you are one of those guys whose cameras I'd have had to confiscate last time I was in the shipyard! I can't tell you how many PDAs/phones I got to 'keep for the day' during overhaul. I know, I'm the XO, the rules don't apply to me!

blunoz said...

Now, now e.p.! We're not IN the shipyard YET. I figured if I was going to get any pictures of the barge, I should do it now while we were inspecting the barge over on the naval base side BEFORE we relocate to the restricted side of the harbor.

Jarrod said...

Almost makes me look forward to ERO... maybe not.