Sandy Island shorelineThis paddle log entry is just for Saturday's trip down around Sandy Island and back. I was mainly focused on keeping a steady pace and keeping my heart rate up, but I do love the scenery on the lake.
Stats for the paddle log:
- Date: 14 August 2010
- Time In: 9:30 a.m.
- Time Out: 10:52 a.m.
- Elapsed: 1 hour 22 min
- Moving Time (GPS): 1 hr 18 minutes
Stopped Time (GPS): 4 minutes
- Mileage: 4.32 miles by GPS
- Sea State: 0
- Winds: 0-5 knots - just an occasional light breeze
- Air Temp: 72 going up to 75 degrees.
- Water Temp: 75.7F digital / 73.5F IR
- Current: None
- Gauge Height: ~503 feet (above sea level, not depth of water).
Level in the lake is a little low this summer.
- Avg Speed (GPS): 3.3 mph
- Max Speed by (GPS): 4.4 mph
- Rapids? None.
- Hazards? Occasional high speed motor boats and jet skis.
- Kit: Ocean Kayak Malibu Two XL. Flop hat, sunglasses, NRS paddling gloves. Long sleeve shirt, swim trunks, Keen sandals.
- Configuration: Just me in the center seat of the kayak. Both boys stayed home.
- Route: Put-in at Jonathon's Landing on Long Island, paddled south around Sandy Island and back to Jonathon's Landing again.
- Other comments (such as wildlife spotted): None.