Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Toy Syndrome

Okay, well, I don't have new toy syndrome YET because I haven't bought one YET, but Garmin just rolled out the new Oregon series of handheld GPS receivers. Check out the demo!

It looks pretty sweet. I especially like the fact that it can upload the GPX files from the Geocaching website and it will display the geocache listing with descriptions and clues and whatnot. Right now I usually carry my GPS for bearing and range to the geocache and my PDA for the cache listing to read the description and hints. It would be nice to have them combined into one device.

From the looks of the image gallery (click on the check it out link above), it looks pretty small - like smaller than my current Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx.

I'm not sure how I feel about the touch screen though. It'd be nice to find one of these in a store somewhere to get a feel for it.

Hmmmmm...

I know I've written before that nobody pays me anything to write on my blog.

However (comma), I will shamelessly say that if anyone at Garmin is reading this and wants to let me take an Oregon out for a trial run and blog about it, let's talk. :-)

3 comments:

Jud said...

You could just get a new iPhone.... I'm looking forward to my contract with Verizon finally ending so I can get all those things wrapped up into one.

Loping Squid said...

crack fiend!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

ditto the comment from LS :)