Monday, March 31, 2008

A lightbulb went off over my head

Today I had one of those "sharp-like-marble, quick-like-tree" moments. YB was very excited when we found POG juice in the store. He loves POG juice and started hugging the bottle. As we were walking through the store, my mind started wandering from one topic to another and I ended up asking myself, "Self, where did they come up with the name POG juice anyway?" Suddenly, the lightbulb went off over my head. It JUST dawned on me why they call it POG juice...


For LW, it was a slap-her-palm-on-her-forehead moment as she questioned why she ever married such a dunce. In my defense, I can't say that I've devoted much, if any, brainwaves to solving this riddle before today. Surely if I had, it would have instantly occurred to me like it did today. I just always thought it was some native Hawaiian language term for the juice.

Sometimes it really amazes me that the Navy qualified me to operate a nuclear reactor.

No comments: