Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pentagon Gouge: Uniform Shop has moved

Heads-up for those of you reading this in the Pentagon:

The uniform shop that USED to be located on the 4th deck, 2nd corridor (4C251) has moved. The new location is 5E1085 (basically, it's directly above the Metro entrance on the 5th deck).

Do yourself a favor, just go like you are going to the Metro entrance, then go upstairs (or up the elevator) from there in the 10th corridor. I discovered the hard way it is foolish and futile to try the rat-in-the-maze method to figure out a quicker way to get to the new location from the old location. No matter how promising any of those corridors look, you're gonna hit a dead end and have to turn around and go back.

I'm sure we ALL know the easiest way to get to the Metro entrance from wherever you are in the Pentagon, so I'm tellin' ya - just go there and then go upstairs from there.

Update July 2013:  I'm back at the Pentagon now, and they've finished all the construction / remodeling, so it's pretty easy to get around.  You can come at the uniform shop from just about any direction now.

The good news, the new shop seems bigger to me. It's hard for them to offer a complete selection of uniforms for the USN, USMC, USA, and USAF all in one place, so they don't tend to have a LOT of inventory of any given item. Still, I was able to walk in and find a new khaki shirt in my size pretty quick.

1 comment:

davisgang90 said...

Thanks for posting this. This is the only site on the interwebs I could find the new location!!