Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dutch Baby Memories

As I wipe the sleep from my eyes this Sunday morning, I can't help but fondly remember the stellar brunch we had last Sunday.

Something I always look forward to whenever we go back to Oregon or whenever my parental units come to visit is having dutch babies for breakfast. Dutch babies are a sort of German pancake made with butter, eggs, flour, and milk baked in the oven.

Dutch Baby fresh out of the oven

Once they come out of the oven, there are many ways you can dress them up. One of our family favorites is to squeeze fresh lemon juice on them and then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
If not the lemon and powdered sugar, then I opt for the fresh jam like the raspberry jam my stepmom brought from Oregon. The boys go the simple pancake route and just put plain old maple syrup on them.

Our family favorite: lemon and powdered sugar.

Mmmmm fresh Oregon raspberry jam and powdered sugar. :-9

Although I wish we could see my parental units more often, it's actually better for my waistline that we only get to see them every few months. :-)

Thank you for the awesome brunch last Sunday! I need to go do some exercise now just to make up for LOOKING at the pictures above.

No comments: