Saturday, July 11, 2009

Quick Daily Funnies

In need of a laugh but don't have a lot of time? Check these out...

I've previously written about a couple of quick, funny blogs I read, and I have a couple of new ones to add to the list. These are daily reads of mine that each take like 10 seconds to read and get a quick laugh in the morning on my way to work.

It's Lovely I'll Take It is still one of my favorites. This blog posts funny and bizarre photos found in ACTUAL real estate MLS listings. Over the course of time, the author has become obsessed with "chair." The standard stackable cheap plastic patio chair appears in a remarkable number of odd photos on realty listings, and the author of ILITI has started writing the descriptions of the photos she posts as if "chair" is a dear friend or the main character in a story. See, for example, this one or this one... Also, she has adopted a practice of inserting a "modesty chair" to cover up anything she finds inappropriate on a realty listing, like this or this.

FAIL Blog. Words fail me. How does one explain failure? You'll just have to check it out. (H/T to LS).

Cake Wrecks. Photos of actual cakes either for sale in bakeries or the "this is what the bride asked for and this is what she got" style. (H/T to CC).

New additions to my list:

Awkward Family Photos - the name is self-explanatory. I tried to pick one out as an example for you, but it's just too hard to choose.

There, I Fixed It! posts some pretty funny pictures of bizarre, jury-rigged contraptions people build like this one or this one. (H/T to FAIL blog for introducing this one).

3 comments:

Don the Baptist said...

Those hit the funny-bone spot!

Hilary said...

I've seen the cake wrecks a few times, but have bookmarked it, along with the real estate/chair funnies. Thanks. :)

Celia said...

"There I fixed it" is a funny one. :)